Organisational Name Change
We have changed our Organisational Name from Urgent Care 24 (UC24) to Priamry Care 24 ( PC24)
New 7 Day Access Service
From October 1st the new Extended Access service will be provided to patients of Sefton GP Practices.
South Sefton Primary Healthcare is providing routine general practice appointments for any person registered with a GP practice in South Sefton.
The service is provided at Litherland Town Hall, Hatton Hill Road, Litherland, L21 9JN
Weekday evenings 5pm – 8pm
Saturday, Sunday & Bank Holiday’s 10am-1pm
Please ring the Practice if you require an appointment with a GP, Advanced Nurse Practitioner or Practice Nurse between these times.
Please note that this is not an urgent care service or drop-in-centre.
All appointments must be pre-booked through your own GP Practice.
GP Practices will be able to see what appointments are available through their EMIS systems, appointment availability will vary as diary slots are booked. The service will offer additional resource when needed, allowing GP practices more time to focus on the often complex and long term needs of patients.
The 7 Day Access Service provides additional GP Surgery appointments over and above those offered by a patient’s own practice
Anyone who is registered with a GP Surgery in South Sefton can book a routine appointment – but there are exclusions.
There are different types of appointments: GP, ANP, Practice Nurse & HCA
Patients can book an appointment by contacting their own practice
Clinicians at the 7 Day Access Service will be able to access the full medical record as per the sharing agreement in place.
- GPs ask for your support as they work through their busiest periodGP practice staff are asking for your patience and support as they work through their busiest ever period. General Practice is still open and staff are working harder than ever to make sure patients and the public are kept safe and that you continue to get the care that you need. Whilst legal restrictions such […]
- Flu Vaccination 2021 UpdateUnfortunately, there has been a delay with the delivery of the vaccines for this year’s flu vaccination programme to the surgery. Once we have received our supplies, we will contact you directly by phone or text to make you an appointment. However, if you have not been contacted by us by the first week in […]
- COVID-19 vaccination programmeThe NHS has started the first phase of the COVID-19 vaccination programme. When it is the right time for you to receive your vaccine, you will receive an invitation to come forward. Please do not contact the NHS to get an appointment until you are contacted. The NHS is prioritising the rollout of the COVID-19 […]
- Breast cancer awareness cervical screening tests· Sefton Doctors call for people to be ‘breast aware’ – https://www.southseftonccg.nhs.uk/get-informed/latest-news/sefton-doctors-call-for-people-to-be-breast-aware · Cervical screening saves lives – don’t skip your smear test – https://www.southseftonccg.nhs.uk/get-informed/latest-news/cervical-screening-saves-lives-don-t-skip-your-smear-test/
- Improving the quality of life for patients with Long Term ConditionsOur practice has recognised the importance of regularly monitoring patients who are suffering from Long Term Conditions. As a result, we have recently invited two specialists into the practice in order to provide face-to-face consultations. These clinics have helped to ensure that patients are on the optimal medication for their condition, they have also provided […]
- Patient and public Information and Listening EventOn 29th February 2016, NHS England appointed an Interim Provider to lead the practice and manage all patient services until 31st March 2017. NHS England appointed the provider following a very comprehensive and strong application that focused on delivering improvements to the practice including clinical governance, staff training and development, quality, service provision and patient […]
- Practice ClosureWe will be closed every last Wednesday at the end of the month for staff training. The practice will be open for business as usual for the rest of the days.